Parking for school buses and cars can be a problem outside many rural schools but not at Tondu Primary School near Bridgend, South Wales. An extensive asphalted parking area has been created next to the school with surface water drainage channels supplied by Hauraton Limited.
150 metres of FASERFIX® KS 100 channels fitted with Class E600 ductile iron gratings were installed by Churngold Construction Limited in the school bus drop-off area with a further 50 metres of RECYFIX® PLUS 100 Class D400 channels in the adjacent car park. All the gratings had 6mm HEELSAFE slots.
Hauraton FASERFIX® channels are manufactured from the company’s Fibre Reinforced concrete whilst the RECYFIX® channels are made from tough, 100% recycled polypropylene (PP) Both channels have galvanised steel reinforcement housings that take the gratings.
Steve Wiseman, Hauraton‘s Project Engineer comments about the project,
The 200 metres of Hauraton drainage channel were easily installed by the groundwork contractor Churngold with no breakages reported during the whole installation process.
Facts and Figures
- Project: Tondu Primary School near Bridgend, South Wales.
- Authority: Bridgend County Borough Council,
- Main contractor: Leadbitter Group.
- Ground works: Churngold Construction Limited.
- Builders Merchant: JDP
- Hauraton Project Engineer: Steve Wiseman,
- FASERFIX® KS 100 with HEELSAFE ductile iron gratings to loading Class E600.
- RECYFIX® PLUS 100 with HEELSAFE ductile iron gratings to loading Class D400